August 28th was the second in a new series of events called Healthy Tuesdays, which are a unique networking and educational opportunity for guests to experience stimulating, non-conventional, thought-provoking health talks by doctors and specialists.
Inflammation is extremely common and suffered by too many people. Below are a few facts on the topic:
What is Inflammation?
—> The Body’s Response to Injury
Top 10 Causes
1. Foods with a High Glycemic Index
2. Trans Fats
3. Saturated Animal Fats
4. Excessive Alcohol Consumption
5. Celiac Disease
7. Chronic Stress
9. High ratio Omega-6 to Omega-3 Polyunsaturated fatty acids
10. Pollution and Environmental Toxins
Top 10 Foods to Avoid
2. Vegetable Oil
3. Fried Food
4. Refined Flour
6. Artificial Sweetener
7. Artificial Additives
8. Saturated Fats
9. Conventional Grain-Fed Meats
10. Processed Meats
Top 10 Foods to Reduce Inflammation
1. Healthy Oils
Now that the basics have been established, Healthy Tuesdays presented Three Ways to Address Inflammation with Three powerful keynote speakers:
• Dr. Richard Carlton – Physician specializing in Integrative Psychiatry who has been a pioneer in the rational use of nutrition-based treatment approaches. His presentation focused on the positive interaction of medical cannabis to treat inflammation in one’s body.
• Dr. John Hall – Director of Research for The Beljanski Foundation. He educated the group about the anti-inflammatory effect and multi-organ benefits of Pao pereira which has been proven on studies within the prostate and pancreas.
• Dr. Larisa Likver – Board-certified physiatrist with over 20 years of medical experience, specifically pain management, both in New York City and internationally. She provided the group with an understanding of how to repair painful musculoskeletal damage at the root.
The event was full of energy and each speaker was highly fascinating. We are greatly anticipating the next event on October 2nd featuring Men’sHealth. Register here!