Years of fundamental research in oncology have shown that most cancers have a common denominator — destabilized DNA. Molecular biologist, Mirko Beljanski, PhD, was a forerunner of this finding and his discoveries of natural plant extracts that act selectively on destabilized DNA have been validated through the research program at the Beljanski Foundation.
Results of the highly successful research of Beljanski’s plant extracts on ovarian and pancreatic cancer at Kansas University and on prostate cancer at Columbia University have been published in scientific journals. (learn more)
Following these highly successful research programs, The Beljanski Foundation is pleased to announce a new research initiative focused on testing the Pao pereira extract against brain cancer (Glioblastoma).
Glioblastoma is a significant challenge because it is the most common and aggressive brain tumor and it is very difficult to treat. Despite improved technology for earlier diagnosis, no significant progress has been made with this cancer. This is the reason why the Foundation intends to explore the efficacy of the plant extract, Pao pereira, against glioblastoma in laboratory studies and in animal models. It is encouraged by Dr. Mirko Beljanski’s work at the Pasteur Institute showing that extracts of Pao pereira have a broad-spectrum anti-cancer activity, including brain-cancer, and that the active agents in these extracts cross the blood brain barrier.
Please help the Beljanski Foundation explore the efficacy of the natural non-toxic plant-based extract — Pao pereira — against brain cancer (Glioblastoma).
Dr. Beljanski’s research on Glioblastoma has been published and is available on the page Mirko Beljanski’s Publications on The Beljanski Foundation website under the numbers 123, 124, 125, 128, and 131.
(123) M. BELJANSKI, S. CROCHET, M.S. BELJANSKI, “PB100: A Potent and Selective Inhibitor of Human BCNU Resistant Glioblastoma Cell Multiplication“. Anticancer Research, vol.13, n°6A, Nov. Dec. 1993, pp. 2301-2308.
(124) M. BELJANSKI, S. CROCHET, “Differential effects of ferritin, calcium, zinc and gallic acid on in vitro proliferation of human glioblastoma cells and normal astrocytes“. J. Lab. Clin. Med. 123:547-555, 1994.
(125) M. BELJANSKI, S. CROCHET, “The selective anticancer agent PB-100 inhibits interleukin-6 induced enhancement of glioblastoma cell proliferation in vitro“. International Journal of Oncology, 5:873-879, 1994.
(128) M. BELJANSKI, S. CROCHET, “The anticancer agent PB-100 concentrates in the nucleus and nucleoli of human glioblastoma cells but does not enter normal astrocytes“. International Journal of Oncology 7:81-85, 1995.
(131) M. BELJANSKI, S. CROCHET, “Mitogenic Effect of Several Interleukins, Neuromediators and Hormones on Human Glioblastoma Cells, and its Inhibition by the Selective Anticancer Agent PB-100“. Deutsche Zeitschrift für Onkologie, 28, 1, 1996, pp. 14-22.